Monday, November 14, 2011

Nichols Article

This article was very interesting, personally it gave me a lot information that I didn’t know. I remember years ago when this was a totally taboo for our community. It was something that nobody wanted to talk about. Now days is different, I don’t want to say that it is accepted in our community but we are realizing that the LGBT community face a social problem. The true I don’t have much information or interaction with LGBT people but in a lot of my trainings with domestic violence we see how under represent is the LGBT community. It is the same problematic that any other minority group face. If I have to see from the point of view of my religion it could be very difficult to try to understand but if I see it from the sociological point of view it is different. I think that there is need to be informing about what the LGBT community face and how we can help. Because the problem is that when we don’t understand the interaction and the negative social consequences that a group can have we don’t change anything but if we could understand how to be part of a solution it will be easy for us and for the LGBT community to integrate in our society.

No comments:

Post a Comment